A strong democracy requires an active, engaged community. We achieve that with excellent public education for all. The Lake Washington School District is one of the highest performing districts in Washington state, and I am honored to continue that legacy.
During my nearly eight years on the school board, LWSD increased on-time graduation rates for students to an all-time high of 93.6%. We have expanded opportunities in STEM, hands-on learning and design-thinking, focused on educational equity with targeted programmatic efforts, and created schools that enable students to thrive
I am an experienced advocate for students – engaged at the local, regional and statewide level. I will ensure that Lake Washington continues to be a sought after district with a strong reputation for a great education. And, that this district is committed to excellent outcomes and equitable opportunities for each and every student, inclusive and welcoming learning environments, community engagement and partnerships and responsible fiscal management. My skills, experience and relationships combine to give me a strong voice to move LWSD forward and to ensure a world-class school district for our kids and our community.
Siri Bliesner is an experienced and passionate advocate for students and public education. As the current School Board President in LWSD and completing her eighth year on the Board of Directors, she is committed to focusing on the strengths and needs of ALL students and ensuring that each and every one graduates prepared for their future plans.
With deep roots in the local community, Siri is a proud product of the Renton Public Schools. She graduated from Stanford University and also has a Master’s degree in Public Health from the University of Washington. Fluent in Spanish, Siri lived and worked overseas for several years first through her Peace Corp Volunteer experience in the Dominican Republic and then as a Population Fellow in Bolivia. She has lived in the Redmond area for more than 15 years. Both her children attended public schools in Redmond and graduated from Redmond High School. An active member of her local schools, Siri has received numerous awards for her involvement and commitment, including the PTSA Golden Acorn.
Siri believes strongly in the value of public education and local control of our schools. She was a founding member of the Lake Washington Schools Foundation and is currently serving on the Board of Directors of the Washington State School Board Directors Association, where she continues to advocate for public education to support the 1.1 million students in Washington State.
When not focused on issues related to schools and children, for the last seven years she worked as the Outcome and Evaluation Analyst for Hopelink, one of the Eastside’s largest social service and community action agencies. She also pursues opportunities to be involved locally through community groups and activities.
She lives in Redmond with her husband, David Cline, their daughter, Samara, their son, Josiah, a student at Cal Poly, and their rescue dog, Yoda. Siri enjoys tandem bicycling, reading a good book, and meeting at the local coffee shop with friends.
Siri has nearly 30 years working and volunteering in public health, social services and education. Through her education and experiences locally and in other countries, she developed skills to analyze complex issues from multiple angles, utilize data to best inform decisions and to develop solutions in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Director, Washington State School Directors Association (WSSDA) Board, Director Area 2 Representative
- Member, WSSDA Federal Relations Network (FRN)
- Member, WSSDA Board Equity Committee
- Director – District 5, Lake Washington School District (LWSD) School Board, 2011 to present
- President, 2018 and 2019
- Vice President, 2017
- Legislative Representative, 2015 and 2016
- Liaison for Lake Washington School District to the Eastside Pathways Board
- Board Member, Eastside Human Services Forum
- Founding Board Trustee, Lake Washington Schools Foundation (LWSF)
- Coordinator, LWSF Classroom and School Enrichment Grants and Science Grants
- Coordinator for various programs at Norman Rockwell Elementary (Chess Club, School Musical, Reflections, Carnival/Field Day)
- Member, local PTA/PTSA
- Received several awards for service to Norman Rockwell Elementary community: Dog Gone Award, Bow Wow Award and Golden Acorn Award
- AVID Tutor, Redmond High School
- Member, Eastside Pathways Data Collaborative
- Member, Lake Washington Citizen’s Levy Committee
- Commissioner, Salary Commission, City of Redmond
- Member, Community Center Stakeholder Group, City of Redmond
- Member, Budgeting by Priorities Committee, City of Redmond
- Girl Scout Leader and Cookie Parent
- Team manager, Lake Washington Youth Soccer Association and Crossfire Select soccer
- Outcome and Evaluation Analyst, Hopelink
- Enumerator, US Census 2010
- Bilingual (Spanish) Disease Investigator – Public Health: Seattle and King County
- Technical Advisor, Program Design, Planning and Evaluation, Men as Partners Project, EngenderHealth, Population Fellows Program, La Paz, Bolivia
- Public Health and Social Services Consultant, Harachi and Associates
- Peace Corps Volunteer, Maternal and Child Health – Dominican Republic
- Bilingual (Spanish) Health Educator, SeaMar Community Health Center
- Research Coordinator, Social Development Research Project
- Coordinator, Teen Pregnancy Prevention Project